Friday, March 4, 2011

Recap: Diamond Oaks Bridal Show

Well, my first bridal show came and went and now I feel like Très Sweet is finally up and running. I would describe this particular show as a trouble-shooting experience because, although, the end result of a dessert bar always appears effortless and beautiful, it can get a bit hectic. For this event I was inspired by this gorgeous design board from Kathryn at Snippet & Ink. I just love the freshness of this color palette!

This was actually the perfect scheme for an event at the Diamond Oaks Country Club. With the golf course and the big open windows, the preppy feeling ties the whole table together.

For this table, I chose vanilla macaroons, warm doughnut centers, meringue drops, and cream blueberry cheesecake. Wedding cake shaped sugar cookies were packaged as favors and a two-tiered wedding cake with navy and pale blue accents brought the design together. (Want to see the cool and unexpected inside of this cake?? Click here.)

When working with a small space, especially during a bridal show, it really helps to use the vertical space you have available. It will make your spread more dramatic without requiring large amounts of horizontal space. I also created "risers" covered in blue stripes to elevate the back plates.

I really did have a great time at Diamond Oaks Show. I met so many wonderful brides and vendors that I'm really looking forward to working with!

Some big things are coming up for Très Sweet Designs and you will definitely want to stay tuned! Happy Friday!

1 comment: