Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Trends: Cake Bunting

Perhaps, the best thing about working with desserts is that sweets are just as fun to look at as they are to make and eat! I mean a good photograph can really be as great the real thing! (Not to mention photographs are low-fat!) So, you can imagine how excited I was when I first discovered the awesome-ness of "cake bunting". Take a simple, single tier cake and turn it into a show piece with this adorable little decoration!! Take a peek:

I first ran across it on Bump Smitten (which happens to be one of the cutest sites ever, and I don't even have kiddos!). Just look at the cake above. I'm already in love with anemones and the bold black and white bunting... well, it just makes me smile! More, more!!!

The Original! Kiki La Rue

Check out Kiki La Rue on Etsy. You can buy these adorable little buntings ready to go. They are the original masterminds behind this trend.

Lottie Loves DIY Instructions

Or go the DIY route and create your own. Honestly, I can't think of a more fun use for scraps of awesome, leftover fabric! What do you think about this trend? Do you love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment